The current version of the app is 2.0 for iOS and 1.1 for Android.
What cities and countries are covered by the app?
Our database as of 21 September 2018 covers the following Cities and Countries:
- Australia. Extensive coverage for all states and territories.
- New Zealand. Extensive coverage for both North Island and South Island.
- USA - Listings for all 50 states, with extensive listings for Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Conecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska New Mexico, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington and Wyoming.
- South Pacific Islands, including resorts and restaurants for Cook Islands, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Vanuatu, New Caledonia and French Polynesia.
- Kenya. Extensive coverage including safari lodges and camps.
- Malaysia. Extensive coverage for Kuala Lumpur
- Vietnam. Extensive coverage for Ho Chi Minh City.
How accurate is the data in the app?
What sets us apart from crowd sourced food finder apps is that instead of relying on users to add business listings to our database, which can be prone to errors, biased and inaccurate information, we have researched and confirmed every listing. We have taken particular care to ensure that all information listed on our database is correct. We also regularly recheck all of the businesses listed to ensure that our database is up to date. If you come across an error, please let us know and we will fix the error as soon as possible.
How often is the app database updated?
We update the app daily. This includes adding new listings, as well as checking existing listings for accuracy. Due to the large number of listings in our database, and the time it takes to confirm all of the business details for our database, you may come across an error in our database. If you do, please let us know, so we can fix it straight away.
How do you decide on the Vegan Status of a business?
We have developed a simple ranking system for our Vegan Status ratings:
1. One or two vegan options available.
2. A few vegan options available.
3. Extensive vegan options available, but business may also serve meat, fish, etc.
4. Vegetarian business with extensive vegan options.
5. Fully vegan business that does not sell or serve any animal products.
Why can I see listings for locations that you have not covered in your database?
You may come across listings for cities or countries that we are currently working on expanding into but have not yet built up enough listings to advertise as covering that location. Once we feel confident that we have extensive coverage for a location, we will officially advertise the app as covering that location.
Vegan Additive Search App
What makes the app different from other similar apps?
Some food additive search apps are more accurate than others. Each additive in our app has been thoroughly checked to ensure the accuracy of the vegan status of each additive.
Are E numbers the same as non E numbers?
Yes, in Europe, the E is used before each additive number, in Australia and New Zealand, the numbers are the same, but without the E.
Are all the food additives listed approved in both the EU and Australia/New Zealand?
No, some of the additives are approved in the EU and others are approved in Australia/New Zealand. Our app lists all of the approved additives in one listing.
What is vegan?
Simply put, vegan means abstaining from the use of all animal products.
What type of vegan are you?
Food wise, we are 100% strictly vegan. We are also 100% strictly vegan when it comes to clothing and household items. In fact, the only non vegan things we own are our cars. We would love to have vegan cars as well, but it is quite hard to find a new car that does not have some form of leather. Even cheap new cars come with leather steering wheels these days.
How long have you been vegan?
We have both been vegan since 2014. Ken was a vegetarian since 2009 before becoming vegan in 2014 and Shanna became vegan in 2014 after meeting Ken.
How current is the information on your website?
All information on our website is current as of 14 April 2018. We regularly check to ensure that all information is current, as we have found that a lot of websites have outdated information, especially in regards to vegan options for dining, as restaurants and cafes regularly close and new ones open up all the time. If you come across any information on or website that you believe is out of date, please let us know, so that we can update our information.
Is it healthy to eat a vegan only diet?
Yes it is! We are not medical doctors, so we cannot offer specific advise, but below are a few links to help you decide if a strictly vegan diet will work for you.