This recipe is for our vegan caramel filled chocolates. If you are looking for that sweet treat or needing an easy homemade gift, then this is a recipe you should try. The caramel filling is sweet and gooey which will make your tastebuds tingle with delight. Everyone will love these bite size chocolates.
This recipe takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
330g can condensed soy milk
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 cup Sweet Williams White Choc Baking Buttons
300g Sweet Williams Dark Choc Baking Buttons
* The Nuttelex can be substituted with any vegan butter. The Sweet Williams White Choc Baking Buttons and Sweet Williams Dark Choc Buttons can be substituted for any vegan white and dark chocolate.
1. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
2. Melt Nuttelex in a medium saucepan over low heat.
3. Add condensed soy milk, brown sugar and golden syrup to the melted Nuttelex.
4. Stir over low heat until it comes to the boil.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
6. Remove from heat and stir in Sweet Williams White Choc Baking Buttons until melted through.
7. Pour into prepared tin and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hr or until caramel is cool.
Once caramel has cooled in the fridge, prepare chocolate.
1. Place Sweet Williams Dark Choc Baking Buttons in a heat-proof bowl, large enough to cradle in the top of the saucepan.
2. Bring approximately 3 cm of water to boil and then turn down to simmer.
3. Place bowl with Sweet Williams Dark Choc Baking Buttons over the saucepan of simmering water.
4. Stir the Sweet Williams Dark Choc Baking Buttons until fully melted.
Making the chocolate molds.
* You will need: Silicone chocolate mold tray and chocolate mold painting brush.
1. Using a chocolate mold painting brush, brush a layer of melted chocolate inside all of the molds.
2. Place in the fridge to harden for 2 minutes.
3. Repeat step 1 and 2 to add a second layer of chocolate to the molds.
4. Once the chocolate is set, place your desired amount of pre made caramel into the chocolate molds.
5. Cover the top of the caramel with melted chocolate.
6. Place in the fridge for a further 5 minutes or until chocolate is set on top.
7. Once chocolate is set, push your gooey caramel filled chocolates out of the molds and enjoy.