This recipe is for our delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies. Everyone that tries them, loves them. You can not tell they are vegan.
This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prepare and cook.
Makes 12 cookies
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup white sugar
100 grams vegan chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Nuttelex
3 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon hazelnut extract
* You can substitute the Nuttelex with any vegan butter replacement.
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a mixer bowl, combine flour, white sugar, and baking soda until mixed thoroughly.
3. Add Nuttelex, water, vanilla and hazelnut extract and mix until dough forms. Do not over mix.
4. Take a golf ball sized amount of dough and roll into a ball.
5. Place the rolled piece of dough onto a non stick baking sheet and flatten out cookie to about 5cm diameter.
6. Put baking tray in oven and cook for 8-10 minutes. We prefer our cookies soft, so we usually take them out just as they start to lightly brown. If you prefer a crispier cookie, let the cookies turn a golden colour before taking out.
7. Once cookies are out of oven, let them cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.