A delicious vegan meatball sauce that you can serve to anyone, vegan or not. To be honest, most people would not be able to tell that it is vegan. It tastes just like a traditional non vegan meatball sauce.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
Serves 4 people
400g Funky Fields Minced.*
3 cans of diced tomatoes (400g cans)
1 small red capsicum, diced
1 large red onion, diced
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
2 Tablespoons of rice bran oil
2 Tablesoons of Italian style herbs.
salt and pepper to taste.
* This recipe requires the Funky Fields Minced as other vegan mince products may not stick together to form the meatballs as well as the Funky Fields does.
1. Add 3 cans of diced tomato, capsicum, onion, 1 tablespoon of garlic and 1 tablespoon Italian style herbs to a large and deep frying pan.
2. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Whilst the sauce is simmering, add 400g Funky Fields Minced to a medium sized bowl.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of Italian style herbs to bowl and mix through Minced thoroughly with your hands.
5. Press a small portion of the Minced into a round ball roughly two thirds the size of a golf ball. You should be able to get about 16 meatballs from this mix.
6. Add oil to a small to medium frying pan and put on a medium to high heat.
7. Add the meatballs to the frying pan and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly to ensure that the meatballs are cooked evenly.
8. Once the meatballs are cooked and the sauced has simmered for 15-20 minutes, add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
9. Meatball sauce is ready to serve over your favourite pasta.