This recipe is for our delicious cinnamon flavoured vegan cookies. They taste just like non vegan cookies and no one will be able to tell that they are vegan.
This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prepare and cook.
Makes 18-24 cookies, depending on size
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup Nuttelex
3 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond essence
4 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups icing mixture
1/4 cup soy milk
2 drops vanilla extract
* You can substitute the Nuttelex with any vegan butter replacement. The soy milk can also be replaced with any vegan milk.
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a mixer bowl, combine flour, raw sugar, and baking powder until mixed thoroughly.
3. Add Nuttelex, water, vanilla and almond essence and mix until dough forms. Do not over mix.
4. Take a golf ball sized amount of dough and roll into a ball.
5. Place the rolled piece of dough onto a non stick baking sheet and flatten out to shape cookie. (See images above).
6. Press a finger into the top of the cookie to leave a good size well to place the cinnamon mix. Be careful not to press your finger all the way through the cookie, otherwise the cinnamon mixture will burn onto the baking tray.
7. Using a small spoon, add enough cinnamon mixture to fill the well made in step 6.
8. Put baking tray in oven and cook for 8-10 minutes.
9. Once cookies are out of oven, let them cool for at least 30 minutes before adding the icing.
10. Mix all icing ingredients in a small bowl.
11. Using a small spoon, pour a small amount of icing over each cookie. The icing will look like a glaze once it dries.